This privacy statement contains the following sections:
- Policy Statement
- User Information Collected
- Public Disclosure
- Security Disclaimer
- Contact Information
The Arc of Tennessee (The Arc) recognizes that any personal information that we collect via our website should be used only for the purpose for which it was collected. Except as authorized by federal & state law, such information will not be disclosed to any other persons or organizations. Therefore, it is the policy of the Arc that any personal information collected by the Arc via its website shall be subject to the following principles:
- Electronic information: information collected and held electronically shall be afforded the same protection as non-electronic information;
- Collection of personal information: the collection of personal information shall be limited to & consistent with the requirements of any Arc program or activity;
- Use of personal information: individuals shall be informed as to why information is being collected & how it will be used;
- Disclosure of personal information: disclosure of information shall be limited to the purpose for which it was collected unless otherwise authorized by law;
- Access to personal information: individuals shall be allowed a reasonable opportunity to obtain access to their personal information & ensure that it is correct; and…
- Security precautions: reasonable precautions shall be taken to ensure the security of personal information.
User Information Collected
Automatic Information Collected:
The following information is collected & stored automatically from all users accessing the the Arc website:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access our site;
- The type of hardware, browser, and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The number of bytes of data transmitted during your visit to our site;
- Transaction and routing information to and from your computer;
- The pages you visit; and…
- If you linked to our site from another website, the address of that website (URL).
This information is used to assess what information is of most interest to users & for routine system enhancements.
Personal Information Collected:
Unless you choose to do so (e.g. sending an e-mail, participating in a survey, responding to a “feedback” or “contact us” form, or applying for membership), the the Arc website does not obtain personally identifying information.
We consider any information that could be reasonably used to identify you as “personally identifying information”. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name;
- Your address (i.e. excluding zip code);
- Your email address;
- Your social security number;
- Your password;
- Bank account information;
- Credit card information;
- License and/or identification number;
- Telephone number;
- Medical and/or disability information;
Any combination of data that may be used to identify you such as birth date, zip code, and gender; and…
Any graphical or visual representation of you.
The Arc may request personally identifying information from you in order to assist you in becoming a member. Such information is handled as it would be on an in-person visit with Arc personnel responsible for facilitating this process.
If personal information is requested on the website or volunteered by a visitor of the website, Tennessee state law and the federal Privacy Act of 1974 may protect it; however, this information is a public record once you provide it and it may be subject to public inspection, distribution, and/or copying if not protected by federal or state law.
The Arc does not disclose any personal information except when: permission has been granted by the individual; where the information is considered public information under Tennessee state law and is not otherwise protected from disclosure by applicable State or federal laws; or, we are required to do so by law, subpoena, court order or legal process.
The Arc has instituted security measures to protect the information and systems that we maintain. These measures are designed to ensure that this service remains available to all users by blocking unauthorized access to our systems and preventing corruption of data. All of our security measures are designed to provide reasonable protection of any personal information in our possession.
While the Arc’s website is intended to provide current & accurate information, neither the Arc nor any of its employees, contractors, and/or officers can warranty the information contained on this site and shall not be held liable for any losses caused by the reliance of information provided. Relying on information contained on this website is done at the user’s own risk.